The Model 15 works through a simple twist-and-go handlebar accelerator which allows the bike to reach around 15mph, with batteries giving a range of 20 to 25 miles on a single charge.
Because, legally, the Model 15 is in the same class as bicycles rather than petrol driven vehicles, if you are over 14 years of age you can drive on roads, cycle tracks, bus lanes anywhere you like really.
Still, the same high-quality product made in the same factory with some subtle cosmetic changes including an integrated back box and improved lights.
But the main upgrade is to the battery and motor.
The battery is now a 48V 10ah Lithium battery giving the new Model 15 increased power and range. It is also removable for charging and this is particularly useful for those with longer commutes.
The motor has also been upgraded to a more powerful 250W to harmonise with the new EU legislation.
For security the bike is fitted with a rear wheel lock and an electronic alarm.
SEE THE RECENT VIDEO REVIEW BY BOSS BIKES
- Anyone 14 years or older can ride the E RIDER Model 15 on the road
- Younger riders may use the Model 15 off road
- The E RIDER Model 15 is not subject to Vehicle Excise Duty
- A driving licence is not required to operate the bike
- The E RIDER Model 15 does not require an MOT
- Insurance is not legally required
- The E RIDER Model 15 does not need to be registered with the DVLA
- It may be used in bus lanes and on cycle paths
- A helmet is not legally required
- It is not liable to parking fines or congestion charges
- The operator of an E RIDER Model 15 is not required to provide a breath or blood sample
|Motor||250W brushless DC hub motor|
|Battery||48V 10Ah lithium ion battery|
|Running distance||Up to 45km|
|Brake||Drum brake front drum brake rear|
|Front fork||Premium dual front fork shock absorbers|
|Climbing capacity||>15 degree|
|Charging time:||4-6 hours|
|Charging input voltage:||240V/50-60Hz|
|Stands||Centre and side|